Gentoo and Beowulf-ish clusters

Andrew Fant fant at pobox.com
Mon Jul 29 15:45:09 PDT 2002

Evening all,
  Has anyone got any experience using Gentoo as the base distro for a
Linux cluster?  For various reasons (both technical and political), RedHat
is not a particulary viable option on this project, and since I have been
so happy with the results of using Gentoo on a couple of smaller systems,
it seems like an option to consider.  Thanks to all in advance for any
information.

Andy

Andrew Fant      |   This    |  "If I could walk THAT way...
Molecular Geek   |   Space   |     I wouldn't need the talcum powder!"
fant at pobox.com   |    For    |          G. Marx (apropos of Aerosmith)
Boston, MA USA   |   Hire    |    http://www.pharmawulf.com