Intel E7500 versus ServerWorks GC-LE/HE

Steven Timm timm at fnal.gov
Thu Feb 28 08:15:57 PST 2002

I would be interested also to hear people's opinion
on why either the Intel E7500 (=Plumas) and the Serverworks GC-HE
chipsets are supposed to be better than the I860-based
systems which offer RDRAM?  Why is there such a push to
get chipsets that support DDR SDRAM--especially when the
price isn't much different anymore?

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm (630) 840-8525  timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Division/Operating Systems Support
Scientific Computing Support Group--Computing Farms Operations