Racks vs. pile of PCs

Dean Johnson dtj at uberh4x0r.org
Thu Aug 15 12:46:48 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 14:05, Marshall E. Fryman wrote:

> As far as a rack
> goes, we are simply using stainless racks that are $80 at Sam's Club. Not
> the most professional of looks perhaps, but it saves quite a lot of money
> (and has decent wheels to boot.)

While a bit more expensive than the Home Depot'esque wire shelving, we
got shelving from a company called InterMetro. They are basically nice
lab racks and can have wheels on them (which comes in *really* handy
when moving stuff around and wiring them). We were able to fit 24 Compaq
w6000's per 4 ft rack and not even run afoul of the fire inspectors.
They are easy to construct and quite heavy duty.

	http://www.intermetro.com/ftp/pdf/10.01.pdf

	-Dean