ASUS A7V266-C

Nelson nelsonrb at cii.fc.ul.pt
Tue Aug 6 05:47:15 PDT 2002

Hi everyone,

We add a little working 9-node cluster and everything was working fine,
but... when we bought 15 new nodes things went VERY bad: the new nodes didn't
work! We tried everything: changed the switch, the ethernet cards and the
software but while the old nodes kept doing their job the news ones just
weren't reliable. Finaly we took the new nodes into a separate cluster but
every time we run a parallel job one of them goes down (we have to do a hand
reboot), also we tested the nodes one by one with serial programs that really
push the memory and the processor and they work fine.
At about the same time we bought these nodes we also bought a few other ones
for another cluster and they work fine. The only thing they have diferent is
the motherboard. Does anyone knows if ASUS A7V266-C as experienced network
problems? If so how can they be solved?

Thanks,

Nelson Bernardino
Centro de Física da Matéria Condensada
Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa