scyld slave node problems

Christoffersen, Neils christon at pluto.dsu.edu
Thu Apr 11 11:09:59 PDT 2002

Hello all,

I'm setting up a small cluster for my university using the Scyld distro.
The master is up and running and now I'm trying to get the nodes to operate.
However, the node I'm currently working on is having some difficulties. It
seems to be communicating with the master just fine, but when copying the
libraries from the master it starts spitting out "try_do_free_pages failed
for init" and similar messages.  It seems to me that maybe the hard drive is
not being recognized and it's trying to run everything on ram and just
running out of memory.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I have the node log which I can
attach if you wish (I just don't have it with me at the moment).

Thanks for any help you can lend.

Sincerely
Neils Christoffersen