Marist Beowulf Setup

Richard C Ferri rcferri at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 29 04:09:20 PST 2001

Hi,
     Can anyone take a look at Anthony's problem below and help a poor
college student building a scyld cluster? thanks, Rich

---------------------- Forwarded by Richard C Ferri/Poughkeepsie/IBM on
11/29/2001 07:08 AM ---------------------------

Anthony Sofia <anthony at dryhump.net> on 11/28/2001 12:52:46 PM

To:   Richard C Ferri/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
cc:   Jose.Arreola at mairst.edu
Subject:  Marist Beowulf Setup

I have a couple of problems/questions that
you might be able to help with. (This is all based on scyld)

The first problem is the beoserv and bpmater daemons are binding
to -1 instead of an address(192.168.1.1). THe nodes are able to get
their IP addresses via rarp, but when it tries to connect to
the master node(192.168.1.1:1555) to get the second level
boot image, the slave nodes stalls. When doing a netstat on the
master node, it says an established tcp connection exsists
between .-1:1555 and .0:(some port). During this, no data is
being transfered over the network, so i am sceptical if the
tcp connection actually exsists.

I am going to start looking into this, but I thought you
might have a quick answer that would make me not have to
dig through code and strace output all afternoon. =)

I think my other issues can be solved once i have this
problem fixed.

Thanks for any advice and suggestions you can give me.

Anthony Sofia
anthony at dryhump.net