How to add Beowulf node with SCSI HD?

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Tue Nov 27 10:11:37 PST 2001

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, L. Gritsenko wrote:

> I  am using Scyld Beowulf 27bz-8. I boot  a node that
> has SCSI hard driver to a master that has IDE hard
> driver. After the node  was  set  up to "boot"
> state I received  the  following message in the log
> file :  "/dev/hda: No such device".

This is a harmless message.

To avoid seeing it, comment out the 'hdparm' call in the node_up script.
(The base script is in /etc/beowult/node_up, but that script just calls
the /usr/lib/beoboot/bin/node_up script.)

Newer releases take care to not emit this confusing message.

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993