Tiger MP S2460 was [ot] Re: AMD testing

Velocet math at velocet.ca
Mon Nov 19 21:12:11 PST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 10:39:07PM -0600, W Bauske's all...

> Well, I always scan my results for the min/max values and so far
> they've been identical. Haven't actually subtracted the results
> to see if it changed. I'm picking up a couple more boards and
> should have them running next week. I can do more testing at that
> point. It's a pain to swap cpus at the moment.
>
> Are you sure you don't have a heat problem? What sort of case are
> you using? Maybe you're heatsink/fan are insufficient for your
> particular chip? There are some very high volume fan/HS combos
> available for Athlons. I'm using a 5400rpm fan/HS at the moment but
> have a couple 8000rpm fan/HS available if needed. They're awful
> noisy though and are a last resort.

I've had no problems personally. I was just trying to get a bead on
what kind of problems others have had. So far for you and me they've
worked perfectly, but I spent the extra $5 and got Registered
ECC DDR ram (from Crucial its a great price, why not).

They do generate alot of heat (2 cpus) and I have 5400 RPM fans but
they're in a cabinet with alot of airflow (not sure how many CFM, but
alot of it, at 66F).

/kc

Ken Chase, math at velocet.ca  *  Velocet Communications Inc.  *  Toronto, CANADA