Compile farm?

Scott Thomason SThomaso at phmining.com
Fri Nov 2 11:25:22 PST 2001

Greetings. I'm interested in setting up a shell account/batch process/compile farm system for our developers, and I'm wondering if Beowulf clusters are well suited to that task. We're not interested in writing parallel code using PVM or MPI, we just want to log into what appears to be one big server and have it dispatch the workload amongst the slave processors. Is Beowulf good at that?
---scott

p.s. Sorry if there are duplicates of this message; I used the wrong email address earlier.