Cooling experts out there, some help please

Bob Drzyzgula bob at drzyzgula.org
Mon May 21 18:45:15 PDT 2001

As an aside in this discussion, I'd like to recommend
a book that can be quite enlightening -- and entertaining:

  "Hot Air Rises and Heat Sinks, Everything You Know
  About Cooling Electronics is Wrong" by Tony Kordyban,
  ASME Press, 1998, ISBN 0-7918-0074-1

The book is written in a humorous style (and in fact is
LOL-funny in many places) but the author really does
an excellent job of explaining heat transfer in
electronic devices.

I found that most of the online booksellers (Amazon,
B&N, etc) didn't tend to keep this book in stock, but
you can order it directly from ASME:

 http://www.asmeny.org/cgi-bin/WEB017C?351719+0001+AP+HT+800741

I have no affilation with the ASME or Mr. Kordyban.
This book was recommended by Bob Pease of National
Semiconductor at an Analog design seminar road show they
were doing a few weeks ago, which is how I learned of it.

--Bob