rdate or xntp

Kian_Chang_Low at vdgc.com.sg Kian_Chang_Low at vdgc.com.sg
Fri May 11 23:23:58 PDT 2001

Hi Joey,

For rdate to work, the following statement in inetd.conf (of the host) must
be uncommented,
     time    stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal

Killed the inted process and restart it. Connection from the slave nodes to
the master should be allowed now.

Regards,
Kian Chang.

                    Joey Raheb
                    <joeyraheb at usa.        To:     beowulf at beowulf.org
                    net>                   cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     rdate or xntp
                    beowulf-admin at b
                    eowulf.org

                    05/11/2001
                    11:21 PM

Hello everyone,

I was wondering about date updating on a cluster.  Does anybody do it and
how?
I tried rdate and this did not work for some reason, it said that I could
not
connect to the host???  Also, I tried ntpdate and when for example I type:
ntpdate ns1.uwo.ca, it outputs the difference between the clock, but it
does
not update my clock???  If anyone can explain to me how to use one of these
programs I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Joey