changing IP with scyld

Johannes Gröhn johannes.grohn at sonera.com
Thu Mar 15 04:48:05 PST 2001

Hello,
I'm working on a small cluster running Scyld.  Recently I changed the IP
addresses range of the nodes and also the ip of the master in
/etc/beowulf/config.  After rebooting, the nodes appear to be Up but
Unavailable in BeoStatus.  At this point I can run mpi_mandel as root.
However, if I make the nodes available with BeoSetup, I can no longer run
any mpi programs.

I get the following error:
[root at grendel /root]# NP=8 mpi_mandel
p0_10360:  p4_error: net_create_slave: bproc_rfork: -1
    p4_error: latest msg from perror: Input/output error
bm_list_10363:  p4_error: interrupt SIGINT: 2
[root at grendel /root]#

Are there other files that I need to update with the new IP information?

Thanks for your time,
Johannes Gröhn

| Sonera Corporation          |  Elimäenkatu 15 3krs      |
| M&M Research                |  00051, Sonera, Finland   |
| Johannes Gröhn              |  Mobile: +358 40 716 0899 |
| johannes.grohn at sonera.com   |  Office: +358 20 406 2359 |