Channel-bonding/VLAN with Scyld

Jerker Nyberg jerker at update.uu.se
Thu Jul 12 06:36:41 PDT 2001

Hello Niclas,

Sorry if I've missed something important here, but why isn't it possible
to use ordinary routing instead of channel bonding to split the traffic
between interfaces?

According to http://snafu.freedom.org/linux2.2/docs/ip-cref/ the
outgoing traffic could be split with "ip route add default scope link
nexthop dev eth0 nexthop dev eth1" or something like that.

For incoming traffic I do not know. A similiar route on every node for
every other node doesn't scale very well with many nodes I guess. Hmmm. Is
that the reason?

Regards,
Jerker Nyberg