Compare and contrast the various "beowulf" on a CD offerings ...

Richard Walsh rbw at networkcs.com
Fri Jan 26 11:55:44 PST 2001

All,

With the recent press release on OSCAR (Open Source Cluster
Applications Resources) at:

http://eltoday.com/article.php3?ltsn=2001-01-25-002-01-PS

and the various other cluster packages from the CD in the
back of Building Linux Clusters by Spector through to the highly
integrated offering from Scyld, I was wondering if the group
would care to attempt to compare and contrast, create a little
taxonomy, or discuss generally the value-added along this
dimension in cluster package space from a "raw" system to one
with software that more tighly couples things. In five years
are most of us still going to be rolling our own software or
will we all be running a Scyld or Scyld-like system.

Trying to find a frequency in the cluster software noise ...

Thanks,

rbw
#---------------------------------------------------
#
# Richard Walsh
# Project Manager, Financial Markets
# netASPx, Inc.
# 1200 Washington Ave. So.
# Minneapolis, MN 55415
# VOX:    612-337-3467
# FAX:    612-337-3400
# EMAIL:  rbw at networkcs.com, richard.walsh at netaspx.com
#
# "What you can do, or dream you can, begin it;
#  Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
#                                  -Goethe
# "Without mystery, there can be no authority."
#                                  -Charles DeGaulle