parallelizing

Scheen K. Thurmond clem1998 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 10:39:15 PST 2001

Hi,
can anyone tell me where I might find some information on how to parallelize a program(s) to run on a Beowulf cluster?  The software that I am particularly interested in running on a Beowulf Cluster is molecular biology software with which you might be familiar: Phred, Phrap, Crossmatch, all invoked using a Perl script.  The script itself not only invokes the programs it is also involved in making directories and moving files etc.   Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Scheen K. Thurmond
Scheen K. Thurmond, MLT(ASCP)
Bioinformatics Technician