Kickstart question ...

Richard Walsh rbw at networkcs.com
Thu Jan 11 16:11:18 PST 2001

All,

Gone through the kickstart how-to thoroughly, but failing
to get things to go--I am sure it is something trivial that
I am overlooking.

The install disk delivers the typical message header and
then the "boot:" prompt as expected to which I enter either
"linux ks" (as the how-to suggests) or just "ks" (as the the
syslinux.conf file suggests). I end up in the install
interface, forced down a path for hard disk or cdrom
based install which I obviously do not want.

Perhaps I need to use bootnet.img instead of boot.img
as the how-to instructs.

1. ks.cfg is on server.
2. server is running dhcp.
3. location of RedHat directories is nfs mountable.

Suggestions?

rbw
#---------------------------------------------------
#
# Richard Walsh
# Project Manager, Financial Markets
# netASPx, Inc.
# 1200 Washington Ave. So.
# Minneapolis, MN 55415
# VOX:    612-337-3467
# FAX:    612-337-3400
# EMAIL:  rbw at networkcs.com, richard.walsh at netaspx.com
#
# "What you can do, or dream you can, begin it;
#  Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
#                                  -Goethe
# "Without mystery, there can be no authority."
#                                  -Charles DeGaulle