Cluster MOBO suggestions

Steven Castillo scastill at nmsu.edu
Mon Jan 8 07:21:53 PST 2001

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Leo Magallon wrote:

> Thanks,  I think i've almost decided on getting the Super 370DLE.   It  seems
> like THE motherboard choice. By choosing this mobo I can save on buying the
> NICs because it comes with it.
>

> Leo.
>
> Joey Raheb wrote:

Hello Leo:

You might want to consider the Super 370DER (built-in rage ati graphics)
or 370DE6 instead.  These boards use the Serverworks HE-SL
chipset rather than the Serverworks LE chipset.  The HE-SL chipset uses
2-way interleaved memory for improved memory bandwidth.  Please see the
post from Steffan Persvold below listing stream benchmarks for these two
different chipsets.  I happened to save the posting because we were
considering different dual CPU mobo's.

 --
Steve Castillo

Professor
Klipsch School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
New Mexico State University
scastill at nmsu.edu
(505)646-3117