Scyld, RedHat 7.0 and Athlon's

Donald B. Kinghorn kinghorn at pqs-chem.com
Fri Jan 5 12:51:53 PST 2001

Hi Frank,
I haven't tried Scyld's software on it yet but ... I've used Mandrake 7.2
on a SocketA and SlotA Athlon and SocketA Duron,  with no problems, but if
you try it be sure to get the distribution from mandrake soft. The boxed
set that I  found at Wal-Mart had a broken installer.    At Wal-Mart! ...
I'm still amazed ...

RedHat 7.0 should have the correct cpu database too but I haven't tried it.

... Ahh, just remembered, I had trouble installing on the ASUS socketA
motherboard with the on board ATA/100 controller. Wound up using the
onboard ATA/66 controller instead. I haven't had any problems with systems
using the Promise ATA/100 PCI card though.

Hope this is useful info
-Don