source

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jan 4 18:52:26 PST 2001

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Forrest Hoffman wrote:

> Christopher:
>
> My colleague and I just published an introductory article to programming
> with MPI in the first issue of Open Source Developers Journal (OSDJ).
> If you cannot find it on the news stand, I'd be happy to send you a
> copy.
>
> Forrest

If the OSDJ permits GPL-like unlimited republication of articles, I'd
love to put such an article into the online beowulf book as a
chapter/section (which will very definitely continue to be available
online for free).  It would continue to be "your" article with your name
attached, of course.

Just a suggestion.

  rgb

> "Christopher A. Busillo" wrote:
>
> > Hello all.  I'm attempting to learn mpi.  I'm not that
> > great a programmer so all the source I've looked at is
> > too complicated.  Can anybody post/link to some simple
> > code with mpi.  Even just simple math functions spread
> > out over a beowulf... thanks
> >
> > Christopher Busillo
> > Excalibur IT Solutions

> --
> Forrest Hoffman                    hoffman at icx.net
> P.O. Box 4002                      http://user.icx.net/~hoffman
> Oak Ridge TN 37831-4002            Permanent: forrest at computer.org
>
>    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent."  -- Qui-Gon Jinn
>   ______________________
>  / Professional Address \__________________________________________________
> |                                    forrest at esd.ornl.gov                  |
> | Oak Ridge National Laboratory      http://research.esd.ornl.gov/~forrest |
> | Environmental Sciences Division    (865) 576-7680 voice                  |
> | Building 1505, Room 216, MS 6036   (865) 576-8543 fax                    |
> | P.O. Box 2008                      Delivery Address: Bethel Valley Road  |
> | Oak Ridge TN 37831-6036            35° 55' 23" N   84° 19' 20" W         |
>     PGP fingerprint =  4F D4 F4 51 F4 C0 6C 10  01 58 01 84 10 B6 67 1E

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu