WinNT/Linux hybrids?

Daniel Ridge newt at scyld.com
Mon Feb 26 18:21:07 PST 2001

You could do something like I do for development. I run a slave node in
VMware on my laptop. I see no reason why one couldn't use VMware to host
an instance of a slave node under WinNT/Win98.

With the Scyld distribution, it's easy to boot a small VMware virtual
machine from a floppy image and run a lightweight diskless load on those
nodes without the need for NFS root.

In fact, I think VMware could probably market a slimmed-down version of
VMware bundled with a Scyld floppy as a turn-key way to use a bunch of
Windows machines as night-time computing platform.

Regards,
	Dan Ridge
	Scyld Computing Corporation