Gigabit (1000base-T) NIC performance?

John Connett jrc at art-render.com
Thu Feb 8 07:16:24 PST 2001

Apologies if this is slightly off topic.  However, I suspect some that
follow this list may be able to point me to further information.

I have just started looking into using Gigabit (1000base-T) Ethernet
with Linux.  Initial investigation suggests that there is quite a wide
price range for NICs ($105 - $650).  Are there any public performance
comparisons between such NICs?  I would be interested to know if the
higher priced items produce better performance!

Any pointers to further information in this area would be gratfully
received.

Thanks in anticipation
--
John Connett (jrc at art-render.com)