kvm questions

Store11 at aol.com Store11 at aol.com
Sun May 14 22:02:53 PDT 2000

>The keyboard seems to not switch when I transfer >stations.

I have experienced the same thing with my Belkin F4D104-OSD KVM switch. I heard that cheaper KVM switches did not work very well. I went with the Belkin because it was higher priced (about $250 USD) and I have had good luck with other Belkin products.

The graphics & video are fine at 16 million colors @ 1280x1024, however the mouse & keyboard would stop responding every few channel changes.

IMHO every kvm switch has problems (except possibily the most expensive). Has anyone had GOOD luck with a particular KVM switch?

My ultimate solution was to pick up two more keyboards & mice for my 2 node personal beowulf. I'm using the KVM switch as an expensive video switch (and paperweight too!).

Good Luck!
Luke McConoughey
Internetwork Trainer/Engineer