Big RAM motherboards

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Dec 21 18:44:50 PST 2000

we use supermicro p6dgu (440gx u2w scsi) and p6dge (440gx no scsi) with 2
gb of ram fairly regularly (pc100 cas-2 registered ecc)...

the 440gx boards are now fairly old-school but proven technology.

we've recently purchased a number of msi 694d-ar boards with the via 694x
chipset... They should support 2GB of ecc dimms on a 133mhz fsb but we
haven't used them with more then 512MB (2x 256mb) so ymmv.

Joel Jaeggli				       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services			     consult at gladstone.uoregon.edu
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.