[tulip] Removal of Conexant out of the sourceforge-driver

Jens Arm Jens.Arm@gmx.de
Tue, 15 May 2001 12:15:39 +0200 (MEST)

Hi

I have a Compaq 1700XL-470 Notebook with this networkchip and this driver
was the only hope which I had to get the network to run :( :( :(

I have tried some days ago the driver (included in Kernel 2.4.4) and I was
able to load it as a module or compile it in directly. Also I could set up
the eth0 interface!.
If I then do an ifconfig everything looks good. The MAC-Adresse was there,
too. If I then try to ping an adress no interrupts where triggered. This was
if I load the module without or with options=0, but it I load the modules
with forcing to 10baseT or 100baseTX then I GET interrupts on eth0. If I now
tried to ping an adress I saw some activities on the HUP !!!! but I get no
response from the other machine :( In the Kernelmessages I get some TX
Errors and ifconfig says some carrier, TX and errors, but no RX.

The driver source can not be so false if there gets something out and the
HUP is flashing, or?

! PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP WITH THE CONEXANT !

If I can help with some output, e.g. from Kernel or the diag-program, let me
know!

cu Jens

http://www.gmx.net