[tulip] (no subject)

David Shochat shochat@acm.org
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 06:09:02 -0500

A few more details would help. For example:
1. Did the compile of tulip.c and pci-scan.c proceed without error?
2. Did you copy both of the resulting .o's into /lib/modules/`uname -r`/net?
3. Did you do a depmod -a?
4. Did you then do modprobe tulip? Did that produce no error messages?
5. Assuming #4 succeeded, could you then bring up your interface
manually with ifconfig?
6. Assuming #5 succeeded, did you try putting alias eth0 tulip in your
/etc/modules.conf?