[tulip] (no subject)

MunFai Lee leemunfai@hotmail.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 01:57:15

I have a Linksys LNE-100Tx v4.1 card and am running Slackware 7.0 with a
2.2.17 kernel. I have tried for days but have still not got the card to
work.

I have followed the instructions from the Linksys and SCYLD pages, but to no
avail. Whenever I start my box, it doesn't seem to detect the card at all.

I've checked under Win98, and it reports that my Linksys is sharing an IRQ
with my USB controller. Does this pose a problem under Linux?

Another thing is, when i recompile my kernel, what NIC am I supposed to
choose from the list of cards? Or am I supposed not to load any drivers and
then manually load the driver using insmod?

Sorry, but I'm quite new to Linux, so I badly need help!