[tulip] Problem: Tx hung on a StrongARM arch

Fernando Maior fmaior@etica.net
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:45:35 -0200

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with my Netwinder 275 machine. It has a
StrongARM processor and lots of other hardware in a little box.

The box has two NICs, the eth0 is an NE2000 clone (Winbond) and runs
nice. The eth1 is a Digital DS21143 and Tx hungs nnn vs. nnn. I am using
tulip 92m driver and pci-scan loaded as modules.

On dmesg you can see:

eth1: Digital DS21143 Tulip rev 48 at 0xe4818000, 00:10:57:c0:09:2a, IRQ
22.
eth1: Old style EEPROM with no media selection information.
eth1: MII transceiver #1 config 3000 status 7809 advertising 01e1.
eth1: Tx jung, 9 vx. 3.

And, I got both pci-config and tulip-diag. I compiled them using the
instructions inside the source code. Both are not running, giving up
with the same message:
 pci-config: iopl() invalid argument
 This program must be run as root.

Well, I was running both programs as root...

Also,
1) I noticed there is not an #if defined() for StrongARM.
2) There is not a <linux/modversions.h> file on my file systems.
3) So I just touched <linux/modversions.h> in order to compile both
tulip92m & pci-scan.

What else to try?

--
Bye,