[tulip] Slackware 7.1 and tulip.o/pci-scan.o

logos scrapmetaldevil@home.com
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:50:32 -0500

I have a LinkSys LNE100TX v4.1 running with an ancient Cyrix 180mhz box.
I recently installed Slack 7.1 and installed this card. I have never gotten
this card to work with any version of Linux including Mandrake 7.1 and RedHat
6.1...

I compiled the modules according to the commands given at the end of each .c
file and no errors resulted. pci-scan gives me no problems, but when I tested
tulip.o  with insmod I get the following messages:

	tulip.o: unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
	tulip.o: unresolved symbol pci_drv_register

I am no expert(or even a beginner) in C/C++ programming and wouldn't know where
to start fixing this. Are the messages resulting from a badly compiled tulip.o
or could this somehow be related to something else, i.e. the Slack distro or
perhaps withing pci-scan.o? Something tells me that I did something wrong, but
really I have no idea...I followed the instructions to the "t', but I saw
nothing close to these errors in the archives...