[eepro100] Intel 82562ET EEPRO/100 freezing problems

Michael Rozhavsky mrozhavsky@opticalaccess.com
Mon Jan 21 09:35:00 2002

Hi,

there is an errata from Intel that describes the problem (at least the freeze).
http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/specupdt/298242.htm

errata #30

The solution is to disable Standby Enable bit in eeprom of
the chipset.

There are 2 possible solutions:

1) use last Intel's driver (e100-1.6.29) compiled with STB_WA define.
   On first boot driver will disable the STB bit and this change will
   work after next "cold" reboot.
   http://support.intel.com/support/go/linux/e100.htm

2) use eepro100-diag tool to modify this bit manually.
   http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html#pci-diags