[eepro100] About eepro "out of resources" bug

Alvin Oga aoga@Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 07:01:36 -0700 (PDT)

hi ya...

just a comment....

- am using  ca810eal and D815eeaal  ( onboard nics )

- i've not seen the "out of resources" warning since
  2.2.19 and 2.4.x....

- the out of resources errors occured regularly on
  2.2.16/2.2.17/22.18 for stuff we did...
	- simple booting can cause those messages

- using a "module" instead of compiling the driver into
  the kernel solved the problem for us..

- under heavy network usage...say machines sending 2Gb files
  to each other.... than some nic fails...but the intel
  motherboards keeps chuggign away...no problem..

- i'd guess that you cannot ignore the "out of resources"
  warnings as your network is extremely slow and noticable
  when you see those warnings... and/or your machine
  is basically ususable since those messages keep popping
  up in the screen you are looking at...

have fun
alvin
http://www.Linux-1U.net..