[eepro100] Problems at 100fd with eepro100

Vernon McPherron vernon@grooveauction.com
Tue, 23 May 2000 09:23:54 -0600 (MDT)

> A duplex mismatch won't prevent ping from working, but it will make
> stream traffic (e.g. file transfers) very slow.
>
> A negotiation mismatch might prevent communication, but will only happen
> if you limit the advertised media types.

Hmm...  What about nearly all packets being dropped OR seriously delayed?

> What driver version? The one from scyld.com?

Yes.  Let me check the version.
"eepro100.c:v1.10a 4/15/00 Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>\n";
That's the one.

>> BUT on my single cpu machine I tried to compile Donald's, and that
>> didn't work. So I tried Andrey's latest and it worked great.
>
> What kernel version?
> Didn't compile, or didn't work? What symptoms?

Well I started on 2.3.99-pre6, and then when I had problems, I patched the
kernel to 2.3.99-pre8.  It DID compile, but I got the same errors that I
was getting on my SMP machine.  Seriously delayed packets, made it appear
that nothing was getting across the link.

-- djVern --
http://www.grooveauction.com