[eepro100] Linux Full Duplex

Leonardo Rodrigues coelho@persogo.com.br
Wed, 24 May 2000 14:18:59 -0300

	People, this is get logged on /var/log/messages when the eepro100 module
is loaded:

zeus kernel: eth0: Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 at 0xfce0,
00:A0:C9:83:07:9E, IRQ 5
zeus kernel:   Board assembly 677173-001, Physical connectors present: RJ45
zeus kernel:   Primary interface chip i82555 PHY #1.
zeus kernel:   General self-test: passed.
zeus kernel:   Serial sub-system self-test: passed.
zeus kernel:   Internal registers self-test: passed.
zeus kernel:   ROM checksum self-test: passed (0x24c9f043).
zeus kernel:   Receiver lock-up workaround activated.

	This is a Redhat 6.1 machine, with kernel 2.2.15 hand compiled

	Questions: Is this board 100Mbps FULL duplex capable ? If the answer is
yes, how can I enable it ? The NIC is plugged on a Cisco 100Mbit FULL
duplex capable switch, with autonegotiation, but Linux isnŽt getting full
duplex automatically on, as its supposed to be.

	How can I 'fix' it ? I have found a message on the history (
http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-eepro100/2000-Feb/0036.html ) that
explains how a person did that. But according to the message, that person
get eepro driver ON kernel, and not as module. How can I get those options
for modules ? Would it be on /etc/conf.modules

alias eth0 eepro100
options eepro100 0,0,0x30

	Am I right ?

	Other: Kernel 2.2.15 eepro100.c driver version is:

eepro100.c:v1.09j-t 9/29/99
eepro100.c: $Revision: 1.20.2.3 $ 2000/03/02

	The latest from ftp://scyld.com/pub/network/eepro100.c is:

eepro100.c:v1.10a 4/15/00

	Whick one should I use ? Kernel one or the latest one ? Or it doesnŽt
matter, both are good ??

	Well, hope hearing from you soon, and thanks for your attention and for
the answers youŽll give me !!