[eepro100] Need Serious Help w/ eepro100 Driver/card

Infinity2 infinity2@lock-net.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 01:18:48 -0500

I have just built a new Hosting server.  It has an Intel D815EAL mobo with
Integrated LAN.  No matter what I do, I cannot get it to load the drivers
for the eepro100 at startup.  It always says "Delaying eth0 Initialization".
This is RH V6.2.  If I go into /lib/modules/2.2.14-5.0/net and run:

linux4# insmod pci-scan.o and
linux4# insmod eepro100.o

it will load the modules
then if I try to ifup eth0 it works "sometimes"
and sometimes it just freezes.

I checked the module.dep and it lists pci-scan.o as a dependency of the
eepro100.o.

What am I missing?  Where do I start.  I have tried everything I can find on
the subject.

BTW.  The eepro100 and pci-scan were versions downloaded from www.scyld.com
and compiled on the server.  Help?

Thanks in advance,