[Beowulf] Your thoughts on the latest RHEL drama?

John Hearns hearnsj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 06:18:41 UTC 2023

Rugged individuaiist? I like that...    Me puts on plaid shirt and goes to
wrestle with some bears,,,

> Maybe it is time for an HPC Linux distro, this is where
Good move. I would say a lightweight distro that does not do much nd is
rebooted every time a job finishes.
Wonder what security types would think of that....

Sidelining the discussion a bit I have been involved with projects where
security types insist on the entire stack for firmware upwards is kept up
to date.
This feeds into the Redha debate of course - if we go Debian how do you
satisfy corporate types?
i guess ubuntu has a role here.