[Beowulf] small distro for PXE boot, autostarts sshd?

Tru Huynh tru at pasteur.fr
Fri Feb 27 03:05:25 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:28:30AM +0100, Bogdan Costescu wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Tru Huynh wrote:
>
>> I am using kickstart + CentOS-5 + %pre feature to download the
>> required dropbear daemon + partprobe (parted/fdisk/sfdisk are
>> included) + your nettee for a post kickstart cloning of a "gold"
>> image.
>
> I haven't seen kickstart being used this way so far... normally
> kickstart is used to install the RPMs and any %post for configuring it.
> So why do you do a clone in %post ? Wouldn't that overwrite the content
> that you just installed ?
if it was done in the %post part of the kickstart, yes

1) first regular kickstart your "gold" image
2) start another kickstart and use only the %pre part
- install dropbear + anyother tools you need
- use nettee to clone (in or out)
- reboot (to abort the regular kickstart)

Another livecd/pxe -> www.sysresccd.org (I haven't used it by
it sounds quite usefull too).

Cheers,

Tru