[Beowulf] Stroustrup regarding multicore

Alan Louis Scheinine alscheinine at tuffmail.us
Tue Aug 26 18:40:59 PDT 2008

C++ books I have found useful
    C++ Programming Language  Third Edition,  Bjarne Stroustrup
    Advanced C++ Programming Styles and Idioms,  James O. Coplien
    Effective C++  Second Edition,  Scott Meyers
    C++ Coding Standards, Herb Sutter and Andrei Alexandrescu
    Exceptional C++, Herb Sutter
    More Exceptional C++, Herb Sutter
    Design Patterns, Gamma, Helm, Johnson and Vlissides

My list does not include C++ for scientific programming.
The idea here is how to get past the initial difficulties
of using C++.  As I've written a few hours ago, simple C
is efficient for numerical programming, as others have said.
In addition, C++ adds useful programming tools.  (Also,
in my view, C++ allows the structure of a program to be
formalized better than in C or Fortran.)

Best regards,
Alan
--

  Alan Scheinine
  5010 Mancuso Lane, Apt. 621

  Email: alscheinine at tuffmail.us
  Office phone: 225 578 0294
  Mobile phone USA:   225 288 4176  [+1 225 288 4176]