[Beowulf] Changing BIOS settings on nodes

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Sep 30 10:53:26 PDT 2007

Am 28.09.2007 um 15:30 schrieb Steffen Grunewald:

>>> If there's nothing to connect to you'd be lost with even that.
>>
>> You're right -- no onboard framebuffer.
>>
>> Perhaps it could be done blind after testing the procedure on one
>> machine. Otherwise, the case will have to be cracked and a video card
>> installed on each node in turn to do the configuration. Ugh!
>
> USB VGA? (I doubt there's such a thing...)

There exist some - but maybe not operational at boot time, and AFAICS
they are not offering Linux drivers:

http://us.kensington.com/html/11613.html
http://www.trittontechnologies.com/products/TRIUV100.htm

Maybe there are more. And I like the idea: as USB keyboards are
already supported in some BIOSes, connecting such a device would be
handy and save the the costs of the graphic cards in all the systems.

-- Reuti