[Beowulf] Quad-Core Parallelism

Kozin, I (Igor) i.kozin at dl.ac.uk
Sun Nov 18 15:21:01 PST 2007

While it is true that MKL is threaded not all the BLAS subroutines are.
Unfortunately the manual does not explicitely explain the threadedness.
Furthermore, funny enough, at least some ACML subroutines are quicker than
the MKL ones. Admitedly the difference became smaller with the release of
MKL 10.0 but it's still there even for Harpertown. Another worthy threaded
lib to try is obviously Goto BLAS. As usual, YMMV.