[Beowulf] A start in Parallel Programming?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Mar 15 09:39:38 PDT 2007

Robert G. Brown wrote:

> So what would be the appropriate forms for addressing a large group in
> CA?  My knowledge of canadenglish is limited to experiences in the
> immediate Detroit area (due south of Canada, as it were) and the movie
> Strange Brew, eh, beauty?

Due south?

Detroit is one of the only places in the US due north of a place in Canada.

See
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=detroit,+MI&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=12&ll=42.334946,-83.045998&spn=0.122835,0.340233&om=1&iwloc=addr

The Ambassador bridge area runs almost but not quite North-South.  On
the US side, it is about 1/2 mile (1 km) from some excellent Mexican
restaurants, which if you dine in the upper portions of Xochimilco
(http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=xochimilco,+detroit,+MI&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=13&ll=42.331393,-83.054066&spn=0.061421,0.113811&om=1&iwloc=A)
  you can gaze (through the trees) due south, into Canada.

We have also been invaded by Canadian establishments; there are Tim
Horton's cropping up everywhere ...

--

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com
phone: +1 734 786 8423
fax  : +1 734 786 8452 or +1 866 888 3112
cell : +1 734 612 4615