[Beowulf] A start in Parallel Programming?

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Thu Mar 15 09:32:17 PDT 2007

> So what would be the appropriate forms for addressing a large group in
> CA?  My knowledge of canadenglish is limited to experiences in the
> immediate Detroit area (due south of Canada, as it were) and the movie
> Strange Brew, eh, beauty?

"my dear and respected colleagues" would work ;)
I could easily imagine "thank you all for coming",
but not with any slur between the "you" and "all"...
Canadian English tends to be a lot like midwest 'merican,
spiced up in some places with various UK flavors.

I'm given to understand that the French spoken in .ca
tends to be sort of old-fashioned and slangy, rather than
"proper" (Parisian) lingua franca.  but it was a Hatian
taxi driver in Montreal who shared this with me ;)