[Beowulf] HPL on an ad-hoc cluster

Charlie Peck charliep at cs.earlham.edu
Thu Mar 8 05:54:13 PST 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 11:12 AM, Olli-Pekka Lehto wrote:

> So, do you think that is this a pipe dream or a feasible project?
> Which path would you take to implement this?

Consider something embarrassingly parallel with a work-pool model.
Your assignment servers could be on stable machines, clients come and
go as need be, you measure the rate at which work is being done and
the total work done.

If you are looking for a live CD Linux distro with cluster computing
tools built-in consider the Bootable Cluster CD, http://
bccd.cs.uni.edu  (full disclosure, I help a little bit on that project).

charlie