[Beowulf] Recommended paper for parallel sorting?

Larry Stewart larry.stewart at sicortex.com
Tue Dec 4 05:46:35 PST 2007

Nelson Castillo wrote:

>Could you please recommend a paper for reading? I'd like to know about parallel
>sorting algorithms for this architecture.
I was looking into this a few months ago.  Here are some good papers I

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/393851.html  -- Communications Conscious
Radix Sort

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/569483.html  -- Parallel Algorithms for
Personalized Communication and Sorting With an Experinmental Study

Martin Schmollinger: Improving Communication Sensitive Parallel Radix
Sort for Unbalanced Data. Euro-Par 2003

Schmollinger's PhD dissertation has a good chapter on this as well.

-Larry / Sector IX