[Beowulf] Recommended paper for parallel sorting?

Nelson Castillo nelsoneci at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 05:52:43 PST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 8:46 AM, Larry Stewart <larry.stewart at sicortex.com> wrote:
> I was looking into this a few months ago.  Here are some good papers I
> found:
> http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/393851.html  -- Communications Conscious
> Radix Sort
> http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/569483.html  -- Parallel Algorithms for
> Personalized Communication and Sorting With an Experinmental Study
> Martin Schmollinger: Improving Communication Sensitive Parallel Radix
> Sort for Unbalanced Data. Euro-Par 2003
> <http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/%7Eley/db/conf/europar/europar2003.html#Schmollinger03>:
> 885-893
> Schmollinger's PhD dissertation has a good chapter on this as well.
> --
> -Larry / Sector IX

Thanks a lot for all your responses. I am very curious about Parallel
Radix Sort. I've
read and watched the 5th lecture of this course, and I wanted to know more about
parallel implementations. I've found many papers in the subject, but
in this case
I preferred to ask for the relevant ones since it is easy to get lost
with papers that
are not that good.