[Beowulf] OT? GPU accelerators for finite difference time domain

Massimiliano Fatica mfatica at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 12:30:32 PDT 2007

Mark,
CUDA comes with a full BLAS and FFT library (for 1D,2D and 3D transforms).
You can have relevant speed up  even for 2D transforms or for a batch of 1Ds.

You can offload only compute intendive parts of your code to the GPU
from C and C++ ( writing a wrapper from Fortran should be trivial).

The current generation of the hardware supports only single precision,
but there will be a double precision version towards the end of the
year.

Massimiliano
PS: I work on CUDA at Nvidia, so I may be a little biased...