[Beowulf] GPFS on Linux (x86)

Joachim Worringen joachim at dolphinics.com
Thu Sep 14 15:12:51 PDT 2006

Brian Dobbins wrote:
>   I'd certainly welcome hearing more about peoples experiences with
> parallel file systems in general (though perhaps in a new thread?), as
> despite traditionally having low I/O requirements,  I'm sure we'll be
> heading that way in the future as well.

HLRS in Stutgart (Germany), together with HWW, has a good filesystem
workshop each year (for the 5 past years). I attended the last two. I
think its full name is "HWW/HLRS Global Filesystem Workshop".
Unfortunately, very little info on this is on the web; all presentations
are distributed via password-protected ftp. I don't know the exact
copyright of this stuff, though.

However, this give the opportunity customers to speak out in their
presentations. Vendors do the "usual" stuff there, of course, but on a
good technical level.

Anyway, for some real world experience: I remember that University of
Cologne was very happy with Panassas: installed within a few hours, very
good performance for them (general computing center usage, not "very
large installations"), easy to expand, just works.

  Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen, Software Architect, Dolphin Interconnect Solutions
phone ++49/(0)228/324 08 17 - http://www.dolphinics.com