Subject: [Beowulf] Re: SGE + policy

Lombard, David N david.n.lombard at intel.com
Wed Jun 2 10:45:34 PDT 2004

From: Joshua Baker-LePain; Wednesday, June 02, 2004 7:39 AM

>A slight correction -- FlexLM considers 1 license to be user at host.   So
>foo at node1 can fire up as many Matlab sessions as foo likes, and it'll
>still be 1 license.  But foo at node2 or bar at node1 would each be another
>license.

FLEXlm does no such thing; what you've described is a per-ISV or per-app
issue.

License policy is controlled the FLEXlm vendor daemon, written by the
ISV.  There are many basic licensing models available, with even more
models possible through vendor daemon programming.

--
David N. Lombard

My comments represent my opinions, not those of Intel Corporation.