Subject: [Beowulf] Re: SGE + policy

Lombard, David N david.n.lombard at
Wed Jun 2 10:45:34 PDT 2004

From: Joshua Baker-LePain; Wednesday, June 02, 2004 7:39 AM
>A slight correction -- FlexLM considers 1 license to be user at host.   So
>foo at node1 can fire up as many Matlab sessions as foo likes, and it'll
>still be 1 license.  But foo at node2 or bar at node1 would each be another

FLEXlm does no such thing; what you've described is a per-ISV or per-app

License policy is controlled the FLEXlm vendor daemon, written by the
ISV.  There are many basic licensing models available, with even more
models possible through vendor daemon programming.

David N. Lombard
My comments represent my opinions, not those of Intel Corporation.