C++ programming (was Newbie Alert: Beginning parallel program ming with Scyld)

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Fri Oct 18 17:01:26 PDT 2002

Now, I must take exception the fine elcture on "What is a Library."
I'll have you know *I* was using reusable code back in the days of 029
keypunches, and IBM's IEBPRINTPUNCH utilities.  I called 'em subroutines
and functions.  I called them directly or indirectly, and I reused them
by loading them into the hopper every time I ran the job.  I lived for
the times when I could justify a data _TAPE_ instead of 3 boxes of data
_CARDS_, though!

Winkingly yours, Gerry

And for the record... How many REALLY recall the "Do Inspite Of"
construct in the Fortran77 draft standards?

gc