GBE/Fiber NIC recommendation?

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon Nov 18 04:17:59 PST 2002

While the initial implementation I'm looking for is my campus research
network rather than a cluster, this is about the best group I can think
of to get coherent answers on the subject.

I'm revamping our on-campus research network, away from ATM OC-3 to the
desktop, going to GBE to the desktop for the researchers.  As I'm
interested in reusing the fiber infrastructure, I'm looking for fiber
NICs.  Anyone got favorites with some indication of thru-put for Linux
(and the other guys)?

TIA,
Gerry
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Network Engineering, Academy for Advanced Telecommunications
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578 Cell: 979.229.5301
Page: 979.228.0173 -or- gcreager at my2way.com