Tyan's Tiger MPX motherboard : review - link

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed Mar 13 14:18:08 PST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Greg Lindahl wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 03:09:44PM -0500, Robert G. Brown wrote:
>
> > I had thought that 64/66 slots were supposed to automatically adjust for
> > older narrower slower cards.
>
> They are. However, 5 volt cards (ancient) and 3.3 volt PCI busses
> don't mix well. Maybe on this system the 32 bit slots are 5 volts?
> Hard to believe. In your case I'd be more likely to blame the card
> than the chipset; why not try another cheap video card?

A good idea.  Cheap PCI video cards are actually getting to be a bit
hard to come by at my local vendor's, but perhaps we have some old S3
cards or the like lying around.  For that matter, I'll try putting some
non-video cards in those slots just for grins.  Probably tomorrow or
Friday, though -- today is pretty well shot.

   rgb