diskless nodes

Chip Coldwell coldwell at frank.harvard.edu
Sun Feb 10 04:46:51 PST 2002

I finally finished writing up an article about my technique for
booting diskless nodes:

This technique differs from the most commonly used ones in two
important respects: I use a PXE boot-BIOS NIC (instead of etherboot)
and I use a RAM disk for the root filesystem (instead of NFS).

I'm in contact with the maintainers of the Diskless-HOWTO; it looks
like some of this will be included in chapters there.  I'm also trying
to see if I can get it published in the Linux Journal.

Any feedback about the article would be appreciated.

Charles M. "Chip" Coldwell
"Turn on, log in, tune out"